The Retired Roster is a way for mediators to stay connected, maintain professional affiliation and perhaps share their knowledge and experience with others. As an experiences, esteemed professional, the Retired Roster mediator is a perfect 'ambassador' for mediation: though individual participation is entirely voluntary, Mediate BC may consult Retired Roster mediators to:
- respond to new or prospective mediators seeking practice or career advice;
- provide feedback on ethical issues arising for Roster mediators;
- speak at engagements to promote mediation in BC, among other things.
To be eligible for the Retired Roster, mediators:
- must have been members of the Civil or the Family Roster for at least 5 years before retirement;
- may not mediate for fees, but may mediate pro bono;
- must pay an annual renewal fee;
Retired Roster mediators are not required to maintain professional liability insurance and are not expected to complete CPD hours.
Retired Roster mediators will be listed on a separate Roster page with a brief biography and contact information.
For the application form, click here.