The Vancouver Sun Run is Canada’s largest 10K road race. The 10K route is a beautiful scenic course which begins in Vancouver's downtown core at Burrard Street and Georgia Street, continues towards Stanley Park,up along English Bay to Hornby Street, then onto Pacific Avenue, across the Burrard Street bridge exiting onto 2nd Avenue. Winding along Fir Street to join 4th Avenue the route continues east on 6th Avenue to the Cambie Street Bridge for the final stretch across the bridge to the finish line!
Team Name: "Mediation Works!"
This year, Mediate BC entered a team in the Sun Run, joining the thousands of other high-spirited individuals who donned their sneakers for Vancouver's biggest run of the year. Congratulations to Team Mediate BC's valiant "road warriors" for staying the course and finishing the run. Team members for Sun Run 2012 were:
- Kari Boyle - Mediate BC's Executive Director
- Wayne Plenert - Mediate BC Board Member
- Nigel Argent - Civil Roster and Small Claims Mediator with the CMP
- Melanie Maclachlan - Mediate BC's Controller (with her supportive husband)
- Rob Finlay - Mediate BC's Family Mediation Services Manager (with his partner, Joanne Beeson)
- Julie Geremia - assisting in Mediate BC's Court Mediation Program
- CD Saint - coordinating Mediate BC's new Training and Development Centre